- 175g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 250g Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 100-200g of Blueberries (depending how fruity you're feeling!)
- Golden Syrup or Icing Sugar
- First mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Stir in your blueberries saving a few to serve with.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high heat. Add a little butter and allow to melt.
- Add a large spoon of mixture to your pan - two tablespoons of batter will make around 8 large pancakes, or use one tablespoon of batter to make more, smaller pancakes. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the pancake into a circle as it cooks. Let the underside cook until golden brown - you should see small bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Once the underside is cooked, turn the pancake with your spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and keep them warm in the oven if needs be.
Serve with fresh blueberries, a dollop of crème fraiche and a dusting of icing sugar.