Not pancakes, we know but with the UK currently experiencing a heatwave, what better way to cool down, than with an ice lolly and they are soooooo easy to make. The great thing with homemade ice lollies is that you know exactly what is going into them so you won’t be getting loads of nasty colourings, additives etc.
Simple Strawberry Ice Lolly Recipe
400 g strawberries
200 ml diet/sugar free lemonade
- Puree the strawberries in a blender.
- Pour in the lemonade and stir.
- Pour the strawberry and lemonade mix into your ice lolly moulds and freeze.
- If the lolly moulds don’t incorporate sticks, freeze for one hour then after an hour remove from the freezer add lolly sticks. If the moulds have lids with sticks incorporated you can miss out this step.
- Return to the freezer and freeze for a further 4-6 hours until solid.
- Remove from the moulds and enjoy!
- If using loose lolly sticks, rather than mould that incorporate sticks, it is a great tip to add the sticks after the lollies have been in the freezer for an hour or so. That way they lolly mix will be soft enough to push the sticks into but firm enough to hold the sticks upright.
- If you find it hard to remove the ice lollies from the mould, put the lolly mould briefly into a cut of luke warm water and you’ll be able to get them out slightly more easily.