Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes. This pancake says ‘don’t judge a book by it’s cover!’. They might not look like pancakes but wait until you taste them. This is the perfect pancake for a tea party.
For the Magical Pancake Cupcakes
- 125g Soft Butter
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 200ml Sour Cream
- 50ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100-200g Blueberries (depending on how fruity you’re feeling)
For the Delicious Maple Buttercream
- 65g Soft Butter
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Maple Flavouring
- 300g Icing Sugar
Whisk Up Your Batter
- Preheat oven to 175° Celsius.
- Beat the butter and caster sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the eggs and the egg white to the mixture, mixing slowly until fully incorporated (try whisking the eggs in a ramekin or small bowl first so that you can add them gradually to the butter and sugar mixture).
- Grab another bowl and sieve in the flour then add the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside for uno secondo.
- Grab a measuring jug and put the sour cream, milk and vanilla extract in there. Mix and set aside.
- So you’ve got your 3 bowls – the butter sugar mixture, the flour mixture and the milk mixture. Add the flour and milk mixtures to the butter sugar mixture gradually – adding a bit of one and mixing, and then a bit of the other. Keep going until it is all mixed but try not to over work the mixture as we want it nice and light so that the pancake muffins can rise to giant heights.
- Carefully stir in the blueberries saving a few to go on top.
- Line a cupcake tray with 16 large cupcake cases. Fill the cupcake cases leaving a small gap at the top of each one and bake until they have risen up. When they’re done, a skewer or knife inserted should come out clean (around 18 minutes).
- To go from cupcake to awesomecake, make some Maple Buttercream. Beat the butter and cream cheese with a wooden spoon then add the icing sugar and mix.
- Add the maple flavouring. If you don’t have maple flavouring then sub with vanilla or put in some maple syrup to taste – if this makes your buttercream too runny then just add some more icing sugar.
- Pop in a piping bag and pipe onto the pancake cupcakes once they’re cool. Decorate with more blueberries and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Warning: This recipe creates quite a lot of washing up! Run a bowl of warm soapy water first and chuck things in it as you go.