Stewed Apple Crepes. This pancake says ‘I just need to be in my PJs and slippers right now so don’t judge me!’. There’s something about apples and cinnamon that just tastes like home, wherever you grew up. This is the perfect pancake for a cold winter’s day.
Stewed Apple and Cinnamon Crepes are one of the most homely tastes you will ever enjoy. It’s supposed to be a secret but we whip up Stewed Apple and Cinnamon Crepes when we’re feeling a little under the weather and curl up on the sofa with a duvet and a good film. It’s the best remedy in our experience. Oh go on then, you can borrow that one.
- 3-4 Large Apples
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Toasted Almond Flakes
- 4 Large Crepes
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Cream [to serve]
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat
- Peel and chop the apples
- Stir the apples into the melted butter
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon and sugar and then mix
- Let the apples bubble away gently over a low-medium heat until they soften – for maximum tastiness, don’t overdo the apples. A little bit of a bite is good
- Spoon the stewed apples on to half of your crepe and then fold over.
- Dust with icing sugar, add a sprinkle of toasted almond flakes and enjoy with a scoop of ice cream
- Use our Basic Crepe recipe to make the crepes for this recipe