This is our super-easy-but-more-moreish-than-cake-batter Eggnog Buttercream. This topping says ‘It’s never too late to start a new Christmas tradition’ and is perfect for Christmas Eve pancakes.
- 50g Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar (sifted)
- Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 25ml Eggnog (or Advocaat)
- Beat softened butter in a bowl, gradually adding the icing sugar as you go. Trust us, it’s worth sifting the icing sugar or you’ll experience the heart-breaking moment when you realise that no amount of beating will ever get that buttercream smooth.
- Add the nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, vanilla essence and eggnog and beat until you have a smooth buttercream et voila! It’s ready!
- Don’t worry if your buttercream is quite stiff, it will melt over warm pancakes. Enjoy!