This pancake recipe is vegan and 100% lactose-free (and 1,000,000% delicious). Be generous with the blueberries and add a little icing sugar to sweeten them if needs be – these are the perfect pancake for pudding. This pancake is perfect for “Veganuary”
If you are just lactose intolerant but not vegan you can use 1 egg rather than the egg substitute.
- 175g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Vegan egg substitute (equivalent of 1 egg) (we use Orgran Egg Replacer)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 250g Alpro Soy Yoghurt
- 200ml Alpro Soy Milk
- 150g Blueberries
- 1 Lemon
Whisking up your Batter
- First sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the baking powder, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the egg, vanilla essence, soy yoghurt and soy milk to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the fresh blueberries to the bowl and grate in the zest of the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze in half the lemon juice. Mix gently.
Cooking your Pancakes
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium-high heat. Add a little oil and allow to heat through.
- Add a large spoon of mixture to your pan – use the back of a spoon to smooth the pancake into a circle shape as it cooks. Let the underside cook until lightly coloured – you should see small bubbles appearing on the surface. Don’t worry if the blueberries burst as they cook, that’s just all their super juices coming out to say hi!
- Turn the pancake with your spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and keep them warm in the oven if needs be.