Nutella Banana Pancakes. This pancake says ‘never leave anything out’ and is packed with slow-release foods like bananas and porridge oats to prepare you for whatever your day has in store for you. The perfect pancake for a desk picnic at the office and definitely a favourite in our house.
- 130g of Plain Flour
- 20g of Porridge Oats
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp of Caster Sugar
- 1 Large Over-Ripe Banana
- 250ml of Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp of Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- Ice cream, squirty cream or just more Nutella…?
Whisk Up Your Batter
- First cut your banana into bite sized chunks and then mash in a large bowl with a fork until gooey
- Add the flour, porridge oats, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, sugar, milk, melted butter, egg, vanilla and cinnamon to the mashed banana
- Mix everything together with a whisk
- Stir through two tablespoons of Nutella – for a marble effect, make sure you don’t overmix.
Cooking Your Pancakes
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat. Add a little butter and allow to melt
- Add a large spoon of mixture to your pan – use the back of a spoon to smooth the pancake into a circle shape as it cooks. Let the underside cook until browned – you should see small bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Turn the pancake with your spatula and cook the other side until lightly coloured. Because of the oats and the banana, these pancakes are a little dense to cook but don’t worry – they’ll be light and fluffy to eat. It just means you might need to limber up before flipping them.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and keep them warm in the oven if need be.