Normally found sandwiched between a Victoria Sponge, raspberry coulis makes a pretty good pancake topping, and is so easy to make.
This topping says ‘Move over Women’s Institute, the Victoria Sponge has had his day’. The perfect pancake topping for our Raspberry & White Chocolate Pancake Mix.
- 300g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Add the raspberries, lemon juice and icing sugar to a saucepan over a low-medium heat
- Use a fork to gently mash the raspberries as the coulis heats (a bit like the Monster Mash but for fruit…)
- Allow the mixture to simmer gently and the sugar to dissolve. Keep over the heat until you have something that could be easily mistaken for a raspberry sauce
- Add more sugar if you’ve got a sweet tooth, and sieve the coulis if you’re super keen (or blitz it in the blender). Don’t underestimate the deliciousness of a un-sieved coulis though!