Mint Chocolate Pancakes. This pancake says ‘I’m sweet but I also know how to play it cool’. Be generous with the chocolate chips and peppermint – like After Eights, these pancakes are perfect for after dinner.
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 250g of Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Green Food Colouring (Paste or Liquid)
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream, Ice Cream, Fresh Berries
Whisk up your Batter
- First mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extact, peppermint extract. Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips and some food colouring (judge this by eye to make a light pastel green colour)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined.
Cooking your Pancakes
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high heat. Add a little butter and allow to melt
- Add a large spoon of mixture to your pan – use the back of a spoon to smooth the pancake into a circle shape as it cooks. Let the underside cook until lightly coloured – you should see small bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Turn the pancake with your spatula and cook the other side until lightly coloured.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and keep them warm in the oven if needs be.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, and fresh berries