Hot Chocolate Pancakes. This pancake says ‘just 5 more minutes in bed please’. You can’t do this recipe justice without marshmallows and squirty cream. Duvet and slipper socks are mandatory too. This is the perfect pancake for a lazy weekend.
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Mug of Hot Chocolate (made with 250ml of Milk)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- Our quick and delicious Chocolate Sauce recipe
Whisk Up Your Batter
- First make up a cup of hot chocolate with around 250ml of milk and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of your mixture and crack in the egg. Gradually add your hot chocolate and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Stir in your melted butter and chocolate chips and try not to lick the spoon!
Cooking Your Pancakes
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high heat. Add a little butter and allow to melt
- Add a large spoon of mixture to your pan – use the back of a spoon to smooth the pancake into a circle shape as it cooks. Let the underside cook until browned – you should see small bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Turn the pancake with your spatula and cook the other side until lightly coloured.
- The great thing about hot chocolate pancakes is that if they’re slightly burnt they just taste even more yummy like rich chocolate brownies.