If you thought you couldn’t have pancakes when lactose intolerant then this recipe is going to be your new best friend! These Blueberry and Yoghurt Lactose-Free Pancakes are, as the name suggests, 100% lactose-free (and 1,000,000% delicious).
Be generous with the blueberries and add a little icing sugar to sweeten them if needs be – these are the perfect pancake for pudding. This pancake says ‘there’s something a little different about me but you’ll never guess what’.
- 175 g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar#
- 1 teaspoon of egg replacer (or the equivalent of one egg) – we like Orgran “No Egg Egg Replacer”
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 250 g Alpro Soy Yoghurt
- 200 ml Alpro Soy Milk
- 150 g Blueberries
- 1 Lemon
Whisking up your Batter
- First sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the baking powder, egg replacer, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence, soy yoghurt and soy milk to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add the fresh blueberries to the bowl and grate in the zest of the lemon. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze in half the lemon juice. Mix gently.
Cooking your Pancakes
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium-high heat. Add a little oil and allow to heat through.
- Add a large spoon of mixture to your pan – use the back of a spoon to smooth the pancake into a circle shape as it cooks. Let the underside cook until lightly coloured – you should see small bubbles appearing on the surface. Don’t worry if the blueberries burst as they cook, that’s just all their super juices coming out to say hi!
- Turn the pancake with your spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate and keep them warm in the oven if needs be.