The Cronut Pancake. This pancake says ‘I’m so trendy it hurts’. The Cronut is a trend that has quickly spread from the States and we’re not surprised – what better way to liven up breakfast than combining two favourites: the croissant and the doughnut. To our knowledge, we’re the first to try and combine this with a pancake. This is the perfect pancake for experimenting.
- 80g Plain Flour
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Large Croissant
- 1/2 Jam Doughnut
- Raspberry Coulis
Whisk Up Your Batter
- Put the flour in a large bowl with the sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add in your eggs, whisked egg whites and melted butter.
- Add about half the milk and whisk the mixture together into a smooth batter.
- Whisk in the remaining milk until smooth.
Cooking Your Cronut Pancake
- Arrange small chunks of croissant and doughnut in the bottom of a medium-sized ovenproof pan.
- Pour the batter over and drizzle a bit of raspberry coulis on top.
- Bake your pancake in the oven until it has puffed up and is golden brown. This should take around 15 minutes but remember, a watched pancake never puffs!
- Use oven gloves when taking the pan out of the oven as the handle will be hot!
Bring your pancake to the table still in the pan and cut into wedges for the perfect ‘help yourself’ dessert with a drizzle of our raspberry coulis.