Breakfastarian. Noun. Someone who loves eating breakfast foods for dinner.
This describes us to a tee! We love having typical breakfast foods for dinner, and it seems that the rest of the world is catching on. There is now a name for us (breakfastarians) and even a name for the event itself (brinner). Here are some of our favourite breakfasts that we think work great as evening treats:
- Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on toast with fresh slices of avocado and a squeeze of lemon
- A stack of fluffy buttermilk pancakes with bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup
- Waffles with whipped cream, fresh fruit and a sprig of mint.
ARE YOU A BREAKFASTARIAN?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to 5 or more of these statements then you are likely to be a breakfastarian!
- Pancakes are one of your favourite foods and you’ll eat them at any time of day.
- Your usual dinner attire is pyjamas. Oh, and slippers.
- You’ll happily ignore the ‘breakfast’ part of a full English.
- You often swap an evening glass of wine for coffee, fruit juice or even a glass of milk.
- You sometimes start with dessert when you go out to a restaurant and don’t get much further than that.
- You’ve spent more time perfecting your French Toast than your spag bol.
- You’ll happily record Sunday Brunch to watch later in the day e.g. at dinner time