We normally only find orange cream inside a chocolate selection box but it’s a quick and easy pancake topping too. With or without the Cointreau, this orange cream is delicious and perfect as a topping for our Triple Chocolate Pancake Mix.
- 1/2 Orange
- 125g Mascarpone or Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar (sieved)
- Squeeze of Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Cointreau (optional)
- Grate the zest of half an orange into a bowl or measuring jug. Add 125g of Mascarpone or yoghurt and mix.
- Next sieve the icing sugar into the bowl. Add the orange juice and Cointreau to taste.
- Store in the fridge and serve over fluffy American pancakes with chocolate chips, or as a fruity filling to crepes with fresh orange pieces.
- Use Greek Yoghurt for a less sweet orange cream.